- Herb Sutter’s Guru of the Week articles
- Exceptional C++ by Herb Sutter
- [More] Effective C++ by Scott Meyers
- C++ Coding Standards by Andrei Alexandrescu
Guides, discussions and explorations of specific topics
- Working around problems with initialisation ordering of global statics and static class members
- Herb Sutter’s exploration of encapsulation
- When should functions be member functions? Discussion on stackoverflow
- Dave Abrahams & Douglas Gregor on generic programming techniques
- StackOverflow discusses destruction of temporary when lvalue reference bound to reference returned via function
- Binding lvalue reference to reference to temporary returned from function doesn’t extend its lifetime: see these discussions on StackOverflow
- Google Test has less boilerplate and more functionality (e.g. type-parameterised testing) than other C++ test frameworks. Very powerful in combination with Google Mock
- Boost (of course! :-D)
- Dave Abrahams series RValue References: Moving Forward
- Checklist of items when building a website
- High performance insertions in SQL server – primarily for high volume, but applicable to non-high volume deployments and RDBMSs in general.
- Why using .* in regular expressions is almost never what you actually want
- Anonymous Pro: a font designed specifically for coding.
- pstack: print a stack trace of a running process
- notify-send: Display graphical notifications from scripts; useful to append to long commands for running on completion.